Last updated: May 9, 2021
This website, Americasbroadbandfuture.org, (the “Site”) is operated by America’s Broadband Future (“We” or “Us”).
America’s Broadband Future is a 501(c)(4) non-profit that promotes social welfare by addressing the root causes of the digital divide, including affordability and accessibility; advocating for a robust, permanent, and coordinated broadband expansion built upon existing broadband infrastructure that ensures all people get connected and that is fair to and inclusive of all Americans.
2. UPDATES TO THE TERMS
Please review these Terms periodically because We modify it from time to time to better reflect changes to the law, regulatory requirements, or the Site itself.
Please look at the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last revised. Any changes to these Terms will become effective when We post the revised Terms on the Site.
Each time you visit this Site or provide Us with information through the Site, by doing so you are accepting practices described in the Terms in effect at that time.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All copyright and other rights in and to the computer programs, computer applications, web applications, database programs, web content files and all written, graphic, audio, and audiovisual works incorporated into and utilized on or a part of the Site will be and remain the sole and exclusive property of America’s Broadband Future (“ABF Intellectual Property”). You may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such ABF Intellectual Property.
5. USE OF THE SITE
The purpose of the Site is to advocate for a robust, long-term, and coordinated broadband expansion built upon existing broadband infrastructure that ensures all people get connected and that is fair to and inclusive of all Americans.
You may not sell or offer to sell access to the Site, make any commercial use of the Site, or make any commercial use of information that you obtain in the course of using the Site.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- forward personally identifiable information about any person to any other person;
- engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, any other persons to buy, or sell any product or services, including posting advertisements and/or solicitations of business;
- use this Site in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations of any country;
- impersonate any person or entity, real of fictitious, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- stalk, abuse (or attempt to abuse), or otherwise harass another person;
- make unauthorized use of any America’s Broadband Future trademarks or service marks;
- upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit or create any content that contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware, time bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, or promotional materials, that are in the nature of “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or Site servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any other person’s account or password;
- include links to personal or commercial web pages and/or websites that we, in our sole discretion, deem incompatible with the goals and/or philosophy of America’s Broadband Future;
- provide information that you know is false or misleading;
- post or provide links to your or other persons’ passwords;
- post or provide links to information relating to circumventing this Site’s or any other website’s protected software; or
- post links to expressly solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
6. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
We reserve the right to interrupt the operation of the Site, or your use of the Site, with or without prior notice for any reason or no reason.
You agree that We will not be liable for interruption of the Site or for its delay or failure to perform. We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, telephone system or communications lines failures, or theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user communications.
We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email systems on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users of the Site or to any other person’s phone or computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Site.
Except where restricted or prohibited, in no event will We be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including lost profits arising from your participation in the Site or use of the Site, or of our termination of your account, even if We have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
7. JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States.
8. CONTACTING US
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include sensitive information in your messages to us.